Polhilsa House near Callington, Cornwall was the family home of Captain John Dingley. Recorded as the initial South West Area Auxiliary Units HQ which encompassed both Devon and Cornwall.
The Headquarters moved on 15th September 1942 to Langstone Manor, near Lydford, Devon though Captain Dingley continued to live at the house.
After Langstone Manor was vacated Devon and Cornwall split and Cornwall's Headquarters, under Captain John Dingley, was recorded after 8th November 1943 as C/o Barclays Bank Chambers, Liskeard, Cornwall until 22nd April 1944.
Polhilsa, near Callington.
|Intelligence Officer||Captain John Dingley||15 Jun 1941||11 Oct 1944|
Ref TNA WO199/3265
Anne nee Dingley