By 27th September 1944, as Auxiliary Units were being wound down, the Country was split into 4 Regions. The Headquarters of Region 1 was at 6 Queen Street, Perth under the Command of Major G.R. McNicoll and Captain Fiddes-Watt. This was stood down 3rd December 1944.
The Region covered the Highlands (Caithness to Inverness), Aberdeen (Nairn to Aberdeen), Fife (Kincardine to Fife), Borders and Northumberland.
Auxiliary Units County Headquarters
6 Queen Street,
Ref TNA WO199/3389