Coldingham village is 3 miles north-west of Eyemouth.
The Patrol OB was an "Elephant " type shelter built to the south west of Coldingham close to the B6438 road in a wood by the Ale Water stream. It was largely intact and excavated around 2014. The cooker and a chair were still in situ.
The OB is in a reasonable state inside, with much debris littering the floor. Excavation is needed to gain entry as it is almost hidden from view.
The location of the OB was first discovered in 1960 when Bob Thomson was discussing the war with Jimmy Greenlaw who had been the Patrol Sergeant.
The targets for the Patrol would have included the harbours at St. Abbs and Eyemouth, both give access to the inland roads via roads over the high cliffs near by, along with the A1 main road between England and Scotland and the East Coast main railway line.
Military targets would have included Press Castle, a possible German HQ, Ayton Castle another possible German HQ, Cockburnspath Chain Home Radar site, RAF Drone Hill, RAF Coldingham, an RAF staff holding camp.
The Patrol trained locally and on the nearby beaches and at Monksford House the Auxiliary Units H.Q for the area.
Some Patrol members went to Coleshill House, though during 1942 these long distance training trips stopped with Coleshill sending out written and practical exams for the Group Commanding Officers to test their men.
Weapons issued to the Patrol included .38 Smith & Wesson pistols.
The National Archives in Kew ref WO199/3388,
Hancock data held at B.R.A
Bob Thomson (supplied all images of OB 2014), George Ross