Coldstream village is situated 12 miles south-west of Berwick-upon-Tweed. Coldstream is just over the Scotttish Border opposite Cornhill on Tweed in England.
The Patrol's OB was an "elephant" type shelter built on the north side of Kincham/Dunglass Wood to the north west of Coldstream off the main road to Swinton Mill.
No remains have been found. Major Forbes who revisited his old area in 1996 and was unable to locate the OB. A futher search in the 2000's also failed to find the site.
Targets would have included A697 main England - Scotland road, the Auxiliary Units wanted to be able to control all the Borders roads in the event of a German airbourne assault in the area.
The Road bridge over the river Tweed between Coldstream and Cornhill and the Cornhill to Berwick railway were also targets.
Some of the Patrol went to Coleshill House for specialist courses. This practice ended in mid 1942 when it was decided that the travel and time away way too long. Therefore the Patrols were sent written and practical tests to do under the supervision of the Intelligence Officer or Group Commander
Locally they trained at the OB at weekends and often night time exercises along with Monksford House Stables the Headquarters in the area, Melville House in Cupar, Fife and Otterburn in Northumberland with the army.
Weapons issued to the Patrol included .45 Colt pistols, Browning Automatic rifle and Thompson Machine Gun.
The National Archives in Kew WO199/3388
Hancock data held at B.R.A
Major Peter Forbes