Latheron village is 3 miles south-west of Lybster.
|Sergeant William L. Cormack||Unknown||03 Dec 1944|
|Corporal Peter W. Brims||Unknown||03 Dec 1944|
|Private John G. Bremner||Unknown||03 Dec 1944|
|Private A. Cormack||Unknown||Unknown|
|Private David A. Innes||Unknown||03 Dec 1944|
|Private R. MacKay||Unknown||03 Dec 1944|
|Private Donald Stewart||Unknown||03 Dec 1944|
This Patrol appears to have had two OBs.
One was in impenetrable gorse on the steep south bank of the Forse River near the waterfall.
The other is inland in a wood near the Corr Cottage. A long east-west wall that divides the big field containing the "Wag Of Forse" from the reservoir. In the wood, 50m south of the line of this wall, and 30m from the boundary wall lies the clear hole of the hide.
The reason for two hides is not understood; perhaps one became public knowledge so had to be abandoned.