Used between 22nd August 1942 and 9th March 1943.
Sherwood in the village of Goathurst was the Headquarters of Somerset Intelligence Officer Captain Stangman in October 1942. In 1939 the house was occupied by Major Reginald Seymour, a land agent for Lord Wharton of Halswell Estate, with John and Edith Nash, a couple of servants. Major Seymour was the Commanding Officer of the Quantock Company Home Guard.
Auxiliary Units County Headquarters
|Intelligence Officer||Captain Lawrence Strangman||06 Oct 1942||09 Mar 1943|
TNA ref WO199/3265
14 April 1939 - Wells Journal
26 June 1943 - Taunton Courier and Western Advertiser