The Vicarage, Kelvedon, Essex

The Vicarage at Kelvedon in Essex was the first Headquarters of Essex and Suffolk between July 1940 and 12 December 1940.

A diary complied by Major Raven in Hoxne during the first months of forming Auxiliary Units in Suffolk records The Vicarage as the address for Captain Croft.

Property Purpose
Auxiliary Units County Headquarters
Address
The Vicarage,
Church Street
Kelvedon
Essex
CO5 9AL
Telephone Kelvedon 19
Personnel
Role Name Posted from Until
Intelligence Officer Captain Noel Andrew Cotton Croft 15 Jul 1940 12 Dec 1940
Intelligence Officer Lieutenant Gerald Alfred Holdsworth 1940 1940
Location

51.834413, 0.692264

References

Major Raven's diary

Hoxne Heritage Society