St. John's Town of Dalry lies approximately 16 miles north-west of Castle Douglas.
|Captain J. G. Carruthers||
Factor & Gamekeeper
|Unknown||03 Dec 1944|
|Corporal D. Thomson||Unknown||03 Dec 1944|
|Private R. Armstrong||Unknown||03 Dec 1944|
|Private F. McCrae||Unknown||03 Dec 1944|
|Private G. Murray||Unknown||03 Dec 1944|
|Private T. Thornburn||Unknown||03 Dec 1944|
The OB was located in the cellar of Forest Lodge close to Potharrow Bridge. The entrance was in a copse by the Lodge.
TNA ref WO199/3388,
Hancock data held at B.R.A