The Scout Section was made of a dozen Regular Army soldiers with a Lieutenant in command. Their role was train the Home Guard Patrols, but also to go to ground themselves in the event of an invasion.
By April 1943, both the previous Norfolk Scout Sections had been amalgamated. At this point they covered the entire county.
The Combined Norfolk section was further depleted by more postings in 1943, leaving only four men. These four were given civilian billets in Burnham Market where they were stood down in early 1944 and posted back to their Regular Army units.
It is likely that the Combined Scout Section used the OBs that had been built for its predecessor Scout Sections.
|Lieutenant Raymond Dennis Cleare||
|Sergeant James S. Watson||1943||1944|
|Corporal A. Clarke||1943||1944|
|Private A. Ayres||Unknown||1944|
J Watson Interview, British Resistance Organisation Museum Archive