|Operator||Henry John Smith||Unknown||03 Dec 1944|
The Station was in the attic of the Hare and Hounds Public House at Putts Corner. The attic covered the extent of the original building.
The Hare and Hounds is quite an isolated public house between the villages of Ottery St Mary and Sidbury. It is situated directly on a crossroads on the A375 called Putts Corner. This is an isolated but strategic crossroads on the A375 leading from the seaside town of Sidmouth to more inland Honiton.
There are very few houses or farm houses close by but it is assumed that nobody would take much notice of frequent visitors.
Ottery St Mary Suboutstation
Kelly's Directories. Article by Chris Saunders, Robert Neale of Ottery St Mary Heritage Society.