|Operator||Mr Jim Stacey||Unknown||20 Jul 1944|
Jim Stacey of Upton Garage had a radio transmitter hidden in the roof of his garage at Upton Cross. This was the Cross Roads Garage, which had been built in the 1920s, a white building with 2 petrol pumps outside. The garage would have been one of few places in the area with the ability to charge accumulator batteries. Much of Upton still used oil lighting even at the end of the war.
In 2000, the garage was demolished and the site now hosts the Millennium Clock Tower. This is the junction of Poole and Blandford roads.
There was an anti-aircraft gun battery nearby, where Douglas Close is now. The Special Duties transmitters sometimes caused interference on the wireless sets used at these batteries which operated on similar frequencies
Messages were to be left in the hedge by what is now the pedestrian crossing