Special Duties Personnel
|Operator||Miss Henrietta Wilhelmina Mary Purvis||Unknown||20 Jul 1944|
|Operator||Major Robert Walter Purvis||Unknown||20 Jul 1944|
The Station is recorded as being a small bunker in a wood off the road leading to Kinaldy Farm, 800 yards to the south of the Purvis home of Gilmerton House. Nothing remains at the site. It was about 8 feet deep with an entrance hatch covered in leaves which was released by a underground wire, the end of which was 10 yards from the trap door. This had to be pulled to release the catch that held the cover in place revealing a vertical shaft.
The bunker was split into 3 chambers. The first housed the ladder down into the bunker, the second sleeping quarters and stores, the third housed the wireless transmitter.
This OB is on private land. Please do not be tempted to trespass to see it
Roy McIntosh for Defence of Britain Project 1996